Our Candela GentleLASE laser is a safe, effective, and commonly used treatment for the reduction of unwanted hair.
- How does the laser treatment work? The laser creates a beam of high-intensity light that penetrates deep into skin tissue where it delivers a controlled amount of therapeutic heat while a cool burst of cryogen is administered to protect the upper layers of your skin.
- Does it hurt? Some patients may feel a slight discomfort with the laser pulse, sometimes described as the snapping of a rubber band on the skin. This discomfort is minimized by Candela’s DCD cooling. For some patients, a topical anesthetic may be used prior to treatment.
- How many treatment sessions will I need? The number of sessions depends on the treatment you require and the condition of your skin. It is recommended to schedule a minimum of 3 sessions spaced 6 weeks apart, as the process is only effective when the hair follicle is in its active growth phase.
- How do I prepare for treatment? You should avoid electrolysis, waxing or plucking six weeks prior to treatment. Also, any hair should be shaved, and your skin should be cleaned and dried.
- Are there side effects? Risks are minimal. Side effects may include redness, blistering, hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, and swelling in the treated area. Permanent side effects, such as hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation or scarring, are rare.
For more information go to Candelalaser.com or contact our office to schedule a complimentary analysis and treatment package.