- Wrinkle Treatment with Fillers
Facial wrinkles and folds that are present when the face is completely still are treated by filling the skin beneath them, allowing the skin to have a smoother appearance.
- Sculptra® is composed of poly-L-lactic acid, a natural component of skin. It is used to add volume to larger areas of the face, rather than smaller lines and folds. Best results are usually obtained with 2 to 3 injection sessions 6 to 8 weeks apart. Results emerge gradually (so no one knows but you), and can last up to 2 years. Sculptra® replaces lost collagen in the deeper layers of the skin to add volume, and also causes new collagen production in the skin.
- For more information go to SculptraAesthetic.com
- Radiesse® is made from hydroxylapatite, a natural component of bone, but is soft like other fillers. It instantly corrects moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, for a natural, younger look that lasts a year or more. Radiesse® also stimulates collagen production to produce a more youthful appearance.
- For more information go to RadiesseUSA.com
- Juvederm™ is composed of hyaluronic acid, a natural component of skin. It not only fills mild to moderate wrinkles and folds, but also can be used to augment the lips. Results are immediate, look and feel natural, and can last up to 1 year.
- For more information go to Juvederm.com
Prevelle™ Silk is a hyaluronic acid dermal filler that lasts for 3 months. It is the shortest lasting, most inexpensive filler on the market. If a patient is unsure as to whether or not to try a filler, Prevelle™ is an excellent way see brief results for minimum cost. If a patient is happy with the results, a longer-lasting, more expensive filler can then be used.For more information go to Prevelle.com RestylaneAdds volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds).
Wrinkle Treatment with Muscle Relaxers
Wrinkles caused by facial motion are treated by relaxing the muscles that cause the wrinkle. Vertical lines between the eyebrows, “crow’s feet” by the eye, and horizontal forehead lines are made less visible by relaxing the underlying muscles of the face.
- Botox® relaxes the muscles that cause facial wrinkles for up to 4 months. The medication takes about a week to start working, and will not completely paralyze facial muscles – an expressionless face will not be the end result. If a facial wrinkle has become extremely deep, a dermal filler may be necessary as well for best results.
- For more information go to BotoxCosmetic.com
Dysport relaxes the muscles that cause facial wrinkles. It can be used in the same areas as Botox, has been reported to have a quicker onset, and lasts up to 4 months. Dysport can also be used in combination with a dermal filler.For more information go to Dysport.com